Hunting can be a wet and dirty experience. One of the most important things hunters need to do is protect their feet, but not all boots are created equally. To make it easier for you, we’ve compiled this list of reviews on the best waterproof boots for hunting (including prices). We also talk about what makes them so great and provide tips to help you decide which one is right for your needs!
Benefits of Buying Waterproof Hunting Boots
There are a few key benefits to buying waterproof hunting boots, which we’ll outline below.
- Keeps your feet dry – as mentioned before, one of the main reasons to buy waterproof hunting boots is to keep your feet from getting wet. This can be extremely beneficial in preventing blisters and other foot problems, as well as making it easier to track animals when it’s raining or snowing outside.
- Durable – another benefit of waterproof hunting boots is that they tend to be very durable. This is because they are built specifically for harsh weather conditions and terrain, meaning that they can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
- Variety of styles available – finally, there is a wide variety of waterproof hunting boots styles available on the market. This means that you can find a pair that not only fits your needs, but also looks good and conforms to your personal style.
- Keeps your feet warm – waterproof hunting boots can also help to keep your feet warm, especially in cold weather conditions. This is because the membrane helps to prevent heat from escaping, allowing your feet to stay nice and toasty even when the temperature outside is frigid.
Best Waterproof Hunting Boots Reviews
The LaCrosse Men’s Alphaburly Hunting Boot is an excellent choice for those who are looking for something more on the affordable side. The upper part of this boot features a water resistant design made from soft-topped leather, while the bottom has been constructed with full grain rubber to provide additional traction and stability when walking through wet terrain or crossing streams/rivers.
These boots also include memory foam insoles as well as EVA midsoles along with shock absorbers in key areas to help reduce any stress that may occur during extended periods of wear; not only will you be able to hike longer distances without getting fatigued but your feet should feel less sore at the end of each day regardless! Additionally these waterproof hunting boots come in a variety of colors so you can choose the perfect pair to fit your style, and they’re backed by LaCrosse’s impressive 30 day comfort guarantee so you can be sure that they will be a great fit for your feet from the start.
- Excellent choice for those on a budget
- Waterproof leather uppers and rubber soles provide excellent durability
- Not quite enough arch support
The Muck Boot Arctic Pro Hunting Boot is the perfect choice for those looking to spend a little more on their boots without breaking the bank. These waterproof hunting boots feature rubber bottoms with Vibram soles, which provide excellent traction and stability while also providing enough cushioning that they can be worn comfortably all-day long; in addition to this these boots have removable felt liners that are filled with duck down insulation and reflective taping along around the neck area as well as an insulated toe box so your feet stay warm even when you need them most!
These shoes come in several different colors each season but one thing remains consistent throughout: The quality of craftsmanship involved. All materials used are high quality, not only will they keep your feet dry but also warm and comfortable throughout the course of a long day. As well as this, these shoes are extremely lightweight making them even more ideal for those who need to move around all day; whether you’re hunting or working outside in cold temperatures!
- Great quality and craftsmanship
- Vibram soles provide great traction
- Removable felt liners keep feet warm and comfortable
- Lightweight design ideal for those who need to move around a lot
- May be too expensive for some people
The Lacrosse Grange Hunting Boot is a great choice for those looking to spend less on their waterproof hunting boots but still get a high-quality product. These shoes are constructed of full grain leather with polyester lining and an EVA midsole, so not only will you be getting the best in comfort but also durability as well!
These muck boots provide ultimate traction thanks to the rubber outsole which features special Traction Tread technology; this allows your feet to grip any surface they come into contact with no matter how slippery it may seem. This coupled with the fact that these boots weigh just under two pounds means that you won’t even notice them when wearing them all day long while hiking or climbing over rough terrain in search of your prey.
- These boots are constructed of full grain leather, meaning they will last a lot longer than other types of material.
- The rubber outsole is one that provides maximum traction no matter what surface you’re on.
- These boots have an EVA midsole which adds cushioning and comfort to your hunting experience.
The Muck Boot Woody Max Rubber Insulated Hunting Boots are some of the best boots to have if you’re a hunter who prefers wearing rubber instead of leather. These boots provide maximum comfort and durability thanks to their rubber construction, but that doesn’t mean they lack in quality!
These hunting boots feature an aggressive tread pattern on its outsole which provides ultimate traction when climbing or walking over wet terrain; this will ensure safety while giving your feet all-day support no matter how long you wear them. They also come with removable felt liners so that once winter comes around it can be easily replaced with a warm pair of socks!
Another great feature about these boots is that they are completely waterproof – perfect for those wet, early morning hunts. So if you’re in the market for a good, reliable, and affordable pair of rubber hunting boots then the Muck Boot Woody Max Rubber Insulated Hunting Boot should definitely be at the top of your list!
- Rubber construction provides comfort and durability
- Aggressive tread pattern for better stability on wet terrain as well as a good grip while climbing/walking over rough surfaces.
- Removable felt liners give room to put in warmer socks during winter months. This allows you to wear the same boots all year round!
- May not be the most comfortable pair of hunting boots since rubber isn’t very breathable
This pair of boots comes from Northside, one of the best brands when it comes to hunting gear and outdoor apparel! They are made using a brand new material called Crossite which is essentially an innovative combination between leather and rubber. This boot’s upper part features a full-grain waterproofed leather construction that has been reinforced with Kevlar laces for added durability; this provides comfort as well as protection against water damage since these parts of the boots can easily get wet during rainy weather or while walking through swampy terrain.
The midsole on these boots also features lightweight cushioning in order to provide all-day support without adding too much weight onto your feet. It also helps prevent fatigue by absorbing shock due to rough terrains.
Two air-ventilated polyurethane inserts have been strategically placed on the outsoles of these Northside boots for better traction; this is also a good thing since it helps keep your feet cool and dry throughout the day.
- Full-grain leather and Kevlar laces ensure long lasting durability.
- Air ventilated polyurethane outsoles provide better traction.
These Kamik hunter boots are made using a highly durable microfiber constructed upper part with wide toe box. The outsole of these hunting boots is also very strong and water-resistant, featuring the Omni tread design; this provides better traction on different surfaces while preventing slipping or falling off steep slopes. It has been carefully crafted to last long without getting damaged easily even when used in rugged terrains since it features both puncture and abrasion resistant properties. These materials are also waterproofed so you can use them during rainy weather as well!
A Gore-Tex membrane keeps your feet completely dry inside these boots by keeping out all sorts of moisture such as rainwater, melting snow etc.; at the same time allows your perspiration to escape. These waterproof boots have been designed with a removable cushioned insole that provides support while allowing your feet to breathe easily; it is made using a high-density foam material so you can walk comfortably for hours without getting tired or sore since it has shock absorbing properties as well!
- Very comfortable to walk with
- Waterproof and well ventilated; you can use these hunting boots even during hot weathers
- The laces of this product are a bit too thin for our liking but that is not really a big issue since it still works just fine.
These Rocky waterproof snake boots are made from a premium quality full grain leather material that has been treated with an oiled nubuck finish for better resistance against wear and tear; it is also very flexible to move around in plus quite comfortable. The upper part of these hunting boots feature a breathable mesh lining together with fully cushioned footbeds which keeps your feet cool and dry even after hours of walking inside them! These shoes are light enough so you can easily walk using them all day long without getting tired or sore since they have shock absorbing properties too!
The outsole features the non-marking rubber sole construction which offers great traction on different terrains while staying completely quiet as well. It is 100% leak proof thanks to its waterproof construction which means you will never have to worry about getting your feet wet!
- Lightweight, yet sturdy enough to last for a long time.
- The quality of the full grain leather is very good.
- 100% leak proof!
This Rocky waterproof hunting boot is made from 100% full grain leather, using the same oiled nubuck finish for better resistance against wear and tear. It has a breathable mesh lining which will keep your feet cool even after several hours of wearing them plus it also comes with cushioned footbeds to ensure maximum comfort!
The outer sole on this model uses the non-marking rubber construction that can be used in all types of terrain without leaving any marks behind; besides being completely silent when walking inside these shoes. This product features two layers of insulation so you are protected against extreme cold or excessive warmth too! Thanks to its waterproof design, water won’t leak through at all!
- 100% full grain leather
- Nubuck finish for better resistance against wear and tear
This Northside model is completely waterproof and it has been specially designed for cold weather hunting. It uses a full grain leather upper that will keep your feet warm even when the temperature drops to -20 degrees Fahrenheit! The insulation used in this boot makes sure you won’t feel any discomfort from extreme temperatures either, on top of being 100% breathable so they’ll remain cool during those hot days too.
The soles have an amazing non-marking rubber compound which can be used under all conditions without leaving behind any marks at all plus they’re very quiet while walking as well; making them ideal for hunters who need some stealth action! These shoes feature speed lacing system with extra wide eyelets for easy use and double zip support so you can get them on and off in no time.
The Northside Banshee 600 has been built with a very comfortable contoured collar that’s padded for extra comfort, an internal shank to deliver stability and support plus the footbed is removable making it easy to wash; this model fits true to size so you can order your regular shoe size without worrying about a thing!
- Very comfortable
- Lightweight and waterproof
- Breathable materials wicks away moisture from the skin to keep feet dry all day long.
- Runs a little small
This model is waterproof and has a very lightweight design to make sure you’ll have the best of both worlds; comfort and stability! Their non-marking rubber outsole provides excellent traction while they’re flexible enough for all-day wear, plus their full grain leather upper gives these boots an elegant look!
The Timberland White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot features premium padded collar that’s removable in order to be taken apart for easy cleaning. They are made with full lining which will wick away moisture from your skin keeping it dry during those long hours spent on hunts or even when walking under extreme weather conditions.
If you want extra ankle support this boot comes with a built-in shank too so now there won’t be any worries about those ankle sprains, plus it’s made in a way so you can use these boots for both work and play!
- Excellent design and look.
- Price/quality ratio is good.
- The boot laces are not the best quality
How to Choose the Best Waterproof Hunting Boots
When looking for a good pair of waterproof hunting boots, the first thing you need to consider is size. It’s important that your boots fit well and are comfortable to wear, otherwise they won’t do you much good in the field. Most waterproof hunting boots are available in men’s and women’s sizes, so be sure to pick the right one for you before making a purchase.
If you already have a favourite pair of shoes or boots that you like to hunt in, it might be helpful to measure them and see if there are any corresponding waterproof hunting boot sizes available. This way, you can buy a new pair of waterproof boots without having to go through the hassle of returning them if they don’t fit.
Along with the size, you’ll also need to consider what type of material your boots are made from. For example, leather is one option that many people prefer. However, there are other options out there as well – for instance rubber and canvas.
As far as which material is best suited for hunting goes though, this will depend on a few different factors including personal preference along with whether or not you plan on doing any sort of water sports in addition to hunting (since some materials like vinyl aren’t waterproof).
If you enjoy hiking through wet terrain and splashing around in streams or rivers every once in awhile then it might be worth looking into something more durable such as full-grain leather; if you stick mostly to hunting though, you might find that a lighter-weight option is sufficient.
Another thing to keep in mind is the height of your waterproof hunting boots. Most are available with a mid-calf or full-length design, and both have their own set of pros and cons depending on what you need them for.
For instance if you plan on doing any cold weather activity such as snowmobiling in addition to hunting, then perhaps it would be best to stick with longer options; however if not, shorter styles might save some time when going through airport security checks (if this happens often). It all depends on the type of activities that you participate in; choose according to personal preference along with how much coverage your legs actually require for warmth during different seasons.
Another important factor to consider when looking for a good pair of waterproof hunting boots is the level of protection they offer. This includes features such as insulation, toe and heel caps, and breathability.
All of these work together to create a boot that can protect your feet from various harsh weather conditions as well as terrain. For example, if you often find yourself trekking through thick brush or brambles then it’s important to have a good pair of boots with strong toe caps that will prevent any injuries sustained from thorns or sharp objects.
You’ll also need to consider how comfortable your boots are. After all, if they don’t feel right or pinch in certain areas then it just won’t be worth wearing them! This is why so many people prefer leather over other materials; although not everyone can handle the break-in process that comes with a new pair of good quality leather hunting boots .
If you want something more lightweight and breathable instead though, there are plenty of options available in different types of material such as canvas or rubber. These may take longer to wear in but should still provide comfort after some time.
Another important factor to consider when searching for the best waterproof boots is their durability. After all, if they can’t withstand a beating then they aren’t going to last long at all!
If you plan on doing anything particularly rough such as hiking through mud or snow then it might be worth spending some extra money on better quality models; otherwise something with less expensive materials will suffice just fine (check out our recommendations below).
Otherwise, choose according to personal preference and how much time you spend outdoors in general along with what sort of terrain you tend to cover most often. This way your new pair of hunting boots won’t have any issues holding up over repeated use throughout the years.
Tips for Using Waterproof Hunting Boots
- When you buy your hunting boots, make sure they are waterproof as well. If not, look for a model that can be used with rubber over-boots and use them when the weather is bad or if there’s a lot of snow around.
- You might want to get some extra insoles separately because most models don’t have good ones included in their design so it will help you improve both quality and comfort!
- Try on several sizes before buying one boot because different brands fit differently even though they’re supposed to be the same size. This happens more often than you’d think and no matter how great looking a pair of boots may seem at first glance; never purchase something without trying them on first.
- Do not wear your hunting boots while they’re still wet or you’ll have an unpleasant experience. If this happens, just wait until the next day and try them on again!
- Use a waterproofing spray if possible. It’s usually recommended to use it every month but even then; other pairs are different so read the instructions before using any products on your new pair of hunting boots!
Frequently Asked Questions
The best waterproof hunting boots are the ones that fit your needs and will work for you. You can find out which one is right for you by reading our reviews of water-resistant footwear to make sure you’ve found the perfect option. Whether it be a pair of leather or synthetic, lace up or slip on we have compiled all the information needed to help make this decision easier. We hope these articles about finding great boots has been helpful!