Best Scope For Coyote Hunting
Vortex Optics Crossfire II
Sightmark Wraith HD Digital
As a hunter, you know that taking down coyotes can be quite a challenge. These clever predators are known for their intelligence and quick reflexes. To increase your chances of success when hunting coyotes, it is important to use the best scope for the job. In this blog post, we will discuss the different types of scopes available for coyote hunting, as well as some tips on how to use them effectively. Let’s get started!
What Scope is Best For Hunting Coyotes?
When choosing a scope for coyote hunting, there are several factors to consider. First, you will need to decide what type of scope you want. There are three main types of scopes: fixed power, variable power, and red dot. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Fixed power scopes are the most basic type of scope. They have a single magnification level that cannot be changed. This makes them very easy to use, but they may not be suitable for all situations. For example, if you are planning on doing long-range shooting, a fixed power scope may not provide enough magnification. On the other hand, if you only plan on doing the short-range shooting, a fixed power scope can be a good choice.
- Variable power scopes are more versatile than fixed power scopes. As the name suggests, they have a variable magnification level that can be changed to suit your needs. This makes them ideal for hunters who want to be able to shoot at both long and short ranges. However, they can be more difficult to use than fixed power scopes.
- Red dot scopes are becoming increasingly popular among hunters. They provide a red dot sight that helps you aim at your target. Red dot scopes can be used for both long and short-range shooting, making them very versatile. However, they can be more difficult to use than other types of scopes, so make sure you are familiar with the scope before using it in the field.
What did Hunters Use Before Scopes?
Before the invention of scopes, hunters had to rely on their own eyesight to take down their prey. This made hunting a very difficult and dangerous task. Thankfully, scopes have made it much easier and safer for hunters to take down their prey. If you are planning on going hunting, make sure you choose the best scope for the job. With the right scope, you will be able to increase your chances of success and make your hunt much more enjoyable.
Why Do You Hunt Coyotes at Night?
One of the main reasons why hunters choose to scope coyotes at night is because they are nocturnal animals. This means that they are most active during the nighttime hours. By scoping them at night, you will have a better chance of success. Additionally, scoping coyotes at night can help you avoid other hunters who may be out during the day.
Another reason why you may want to scope coyotes at night is that they are more difficult to see during the daytime. Their fur camouflages them well against their surroundings. However, at night their fur stands out more, making them easier to spot.
If you are interested in scoping coyotes, make sure to do your research and choose the best scope for the job. With the right scope, you will be able to take down these clever predators.
Best Scopes For Coyote Hunting Reviewed
Bushnell AR Optics
Looking for a top-of-the-line optic for your AR-style rifle? Bushnell has you covered with their AR Optics line. These optics are fully multi-coated, meaning that multiple layers of anti-reflective coating have been applied to all air-to-glass surfaces. This results in bright, high-contrast images – perfect for use in low light conditions. Additionally, the construction of these optics is shockproof, so you don’t have to worry about them being damaged if they’re dropped or banged around. And for those days when rain is in the forecast, the rain guard coating on the lenses will keep your vision clear.
The Bushnell AR Optics is the perfect choice for those who are looking for a high-quality riflescope. With its black color and sleek design, it is sure to complement any gun. It is also lightweight, making it easy to carry with you on your next hunting trip. The Bushnell AR Optics comes with a variety of features that will make your hunting experience more enjoyable. For example, it has a 2x magnification that will allow you to see your target more clearly. It also has a water-resistant coating, so you can use it in all types of weather conditions. If you are looking for a riflescope that will provide you with a great hunting experience, then the Bushnell AR Optics is the perfect choice for you.
- Fully multi-coated lenses for bright, high-contrast images
- Shockproof construction
- Rain guard coating on lenses
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Some users have reported that the scope is not as durable as they would like it to be.
Vortex Optics Crossfire II
There’s a reason the Vortex Optics Crossfire II is one of our most popular riflescopes. It provides high performance at an economical price, delivering clear, tough, and bright optics. The Crossfire II also features long eye relief, a fast-focus eyepiece, and fully multi-coated lenses. And for even more precision, the Crossfire II has resettable MOA turrets. So whether you’re hitting the range or out in the field, you can be confident you’re getting the most out of your scope.
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II is a top-of-the-line optic designed for hunting and shooting. It features a V-Brite illuminated reticle that makes it easy to aim for low light conditions. The Crossfire II also has a fast-focus eyepiece for quick and easy target acquisition. The optic is constructed from aircraft-grade aluminum for durability and is nitrogen purged for fog and waterproof performance. With a 4x magnification and 24mm objective lens, the Crossfire II is an outstanding choice for serious hunters and shooters.
- High performance at an economical price
- Clear, tough, and bright optics
- Long eye relief
- Fast-focus eyepiece
- Fully multi-coated lenses
- Resettable MOA turrets
- V-Brite illuminated reticle
- Some users have reported that the scope is not as durable as they would
Sightmark Wraith HD Digital
Are you looking for a high-quality riflescope that will allow you to see the world in ultra-crisp high definition? If so, then you need to check out the Sightmark Wraith HD 2-16×28 Digital Day/Night Riflescope! This scope employs a 1920×1080 CMOS sensor to detect objects up to 200 yards away at night, and it also comes with an 850nm IR Illuminator for even better results. The Wraith features 8x digital zoom and the 1280×720 FLCOS screen delivers fine-detail imaging. This scope also has black-and-white, or green, night vision, and daytime color mode, so you can use it in any lighting conditions.
The Vortex Optics Crossfire II is a versatile day/night scope that provides high-definition sensor imaging with video recording in 1080p HD. It also features 8x digital zoom and a 2x optical system for up to 16x magnification. Whether you’re using it during the day or at night, the Crossfire II will help you get a clear view of your target.
- High-definition sensor for crisp images
- 850nm IR illuminator for better night vision
- FLCOS screen delivers fine detail imaging
- Rugged construction
Nikon Prostaff P3 Predator
An ideal choice for hunting fast-moving predators, the Nikon Prostaff P3 Predator scope is equipped with a BDC Predator reticle. The open circle aiming points on the reticle won’t obscure your target, making it easier to take a clean shot. You can optimize the reticle for virtually any caliber or load with Nikon’s free Spot On Ballistic Match Technology app or web software. For a scope that offers maximum precision and versatility, look no further than the Nikon Prostaff P3 Predator.
When you’re out in the field, you need a reliable scope that can help you take down your prey. The Nikon Prostaff P3 Predator is perfect for hunters and shooters who demand the best. With its fully multicoated optical system, BDC PREDATOR reticle, and hand-turn 1/4 MOA adjustments, this scope is designed for precision and accuracy. The rugged one-inch aircraft-grade aluminum main tube can withstand the elements, while the aluminum quick focus eyepiece and generous eye relief provide a clear view of your target. Whether you’re hunting in low light or trying to make a long-distance shot, the Nikon Prostaff P3 Predator will help you get the job done right.
- Fully multicoated optics for maximum light transmission
- BDC PREDATOR reticle for quick target acquisition
- One-inch aircraft-grade aluminum main tube for durability
- Quick focus eyepiece and generous eye relief
- Some users have reported that the scope is not as durable as they would like
Night Owl Optics NightShot
Looking to see in the dark at distances beyond what your eyes can take you? Then you need the Night Owl Optics NightShot. This top-of-the-line night vision scope is perfect for the hunter or shooting enthusiast who wants to see their prey clearly, even in the darkest of conditions. With its high-quality optics and IR illuminator, the NightShot provides crystal clear images of your target, even at great distances. And because it utilizes a digital night vision platform, it provides much better performance than similar scopes that are priced 3 times higher.
Night Owl Optics NightShot- an easy-to-use night vision scope that gives you the advantage in any nighttime environment. With a range of 100 yards and a high resolution 640×480 display, the NightShot is perfect for hunting, paintball, and airsoft. It features a built-in infrared illuminator for daytime operation, and will not damage your scope. With its compact design and durable construction, the NightShot is a must-have for any serious outdoorsman.
- Digital night vision for superior performance
- High-quality optics and IR illuminator for clear images
- Easy to use
ATN Thor 4
Introducing the Night Owl Optics NightShot- an easy-to-use night vision scope that gives you the advantage in any nighttime environment. With a range of 100 yards and a high resolution 640×480 display, the NightShot is perfect for hunting, paintball, and airsoft. It features a built-in infrared illuminator for daytime operation, and will not damage your scope. With its compact design and durable construction, the NightShot is a must-have for any serious outdoorsman.
Introducing the ATN Thor 4, the next generation in ultra-sensitive thermal imaging technology. With its improved resolution and higher sensitivity, the Thor 4 is capable of capturing crisp, clear images at the farthest ranges, even in total darkness. The Thor 4 also features a ballistic calculator to help you hunt responsibly by making sure your shot hits the target every time. With its range, wind, multiple-weapon profiles, angle to target, temperature, and humidity readings, the Thor 4 is the perfect tool for expert long-range shots. And with its dual-stream video recording capabilities, you can now stream HD video to your mobile device while simultaneously recording footage for later playback. So don’t miss a moment of the action with the ATN Thor scope.
- Ultra-sensitive thermal imaging for crisp, clear images
- Ballistic calculator for expert long-range shots
- Dual-stream video recording for HD streaming and playback
- Some users have reported issues with the scope’s durability
Hawke Vantage IR
The Hawke Vantage IR is the perfect rifle scope for hunters and marksmen alike. With its nitrogen-purged optics and 1” aircraft-grade aluminum chassis, the Vantage IR is built to withstand the elements and deliver a clear, precise shot every time. The fast focus eyeball and high torque zoom ring make magnification adjustment a breeze, while the specialized erector system ensures internal stability for those long-range shots. Whether you’re in the field or at the range, the Hawke Vantage IR is the only scope you need.
The Hawke Vantage IR is a great value, high-performance, versatile scope that is perfect for a variety of applications. It features 11-layer fully multi-coated lenses for excellent clarity and contrast, as well as an adjustable objective for parallax correction from 9m / 10yds to infinity. Additionally, the scope features a rimfire .17 HMR reticle (12X) with an illuminated X -ACT reticle and aim points designed specifically for the 17 HMR caliber. The scope is built with a durable 1-inch mono-tube chassis for superior strength and stability and comes with a Hawke lifetime worldwide warranty.
- High-performance scope for a variety of applications
- Fully multi-coated lenses for excellent clarity and contrast
- Rimfire .17 HMR reticle (12X) with an illuminated X -ACT reticle
A Buying Guide For Coyote Hunting Scopes
When it comes to coyote hunting, having the right scope can make all the difference. But with so many different brands and models on the market, how do you know which one is right for you? Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a scope for coyote hunting:
For coyote hunting, you’ll want a scope with at least 12x magnification power. This will allow you to see the animal clearly, even at long range.
Since coyotes can be quick and elusive, you’ll want a scope that is easy to adjust on the fly. Look for a scope with knobs that are easy to grip and turn, so you can make adjustments quickly and accurately.
When you’re hunting coyotes, you’ll often be doing so in open fields or other wide-open spaces. For this reason, it’s important to have a scope with a wide field of view. This will give you the ability to see the animal from far away and track its movement.
Since you’ll be looking at the animal through your scope for long periods, it’s important to have a scope with crisp, clear image quality. This will help reduce eye fatigue and make it easier to spot the animal.
When you’re looking through a scope, you want to be able to do so without having to strain your eyes. For this reason, it’s important to choose a scope with ample eye relief. This will allow you to keep your eyes at a comfortable distance from the scope while still being able to see clearly.
When you’re choosing a scope for coyote hunting, pay close attention to the lens and reticle. For the lens, you’ll want something that is multi-coated and provides good light transmission. As for the reticle, there are a variety of options to choose from. Many hunters prefer a duplex reticle, as it provides both crosshairs and hash marks for easy aiming. Others prefer a mil-dot or BDC (bullet drop compensating) reticle, which can be helpful for long-range shots.
Now that you know what to look for in a scope for coyote hunting, it’s time to start shopping! Be sure to keep the above factors in mind, and you’ll be sure to find the perfect scope for your needs.
Are Coyote Pelts Valuable?
The value of a coyote pelt depends on several factors, including the quality of the pelt and the current market conditions. In general, coyote pelts are worth more when the market is strong and there is high demand for them. However, if the market is weak or there is a low demand for coyotes pelts, they may not be worth as much.
Coyote pelts should be stored in a cool, dry place. If you live in an area with high humidity, it is important to make sure that your pets do not get too wet. Wet pelts can mildew and rot, which will decrease their value.
The best way to determine the value of your coyote pelt is to take it to a fur buyer or taxidermist. They will be able to assess the quality of your pelt and give you an accurate estimate of its value.
Do Coyotes Harm Livestock?
Coyotes are often blamed for killing livestock, but the truth is that they rarely do. In most cases, coyotes will avoid humans and their livestock. However, there are a few instances where coyotes may attack livestock.
- One reason why coyotes may attack livestock is if they are starving. If there is not enough food in their usual hunting grounds, they may be forced to search for food elsewhere. This could lead them to farms and other areas where livestock is present.
- Another reason why coyotes may attack livestock is if they feel threatened or scared. If a coyote feels like it is in danger, it may lash out and try to defend itself. This is more likely to happen if the coyote is sick or injured.
- If you are worried about coyotes harming your livestock, there are a few things you can do to protect them. One option is to build a fence around your property. This will keep coyotes out and protect your livestock. Another option is to hire a professional trapper to remove any coyotes that may be in the area.
By taking these precautions, you can help ensure that your livestock stays safe from harm.
Extra features of Coyote Hunting Scopes
- Night Version One of the most important features to look for in a scope for coyote hunting is night vision. This will allow you to see the animal clearly, even in low light conditions.
- Thermal Imaging Another feature to look for in a scope for coyote hunting is thermal imaging. This can help spot the animal from long range, as it will show up as a heat signature on the scope’s display.
- Rangefinder a scope with a built-in rangefinder can also be helpful for coyote hunting. This will allow you to quickly and easily determine the distance to your target, so you can make an accurate shot.
Coyotes are one of the most challenging animals to hunt. They are known for their intelligence and quick reflexes, which can make them difficult to take down. To increase your chances of success when hunting coyotes, it is important to use the right scope. We have discussed the different types of scopes available for coyote hunting, as well as some tips on how to use them effectively. We hope that this information will help you bag your next coyote!